من أنا

أرشيف المدونة الإلكترونية

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.

���� where is my book

    السبت، 30 مارس 2013

    False Colours by Georgette Heyer

    __

    Image
    False Colours by Georgette Heyer
    Author(s): Georgette Heyer
    Publisher:
    Date: 2008-03-01 Format: pdf,rtf,epub,lit,lrf,mobi,fb2,pdb,txt,htmlz Language: English ISBN10: 1402210752
    Pages: 352

    This has got to be one of the funniest novels ever written! Heyer's humor is priceless. The characters are hilarious and quirky and their one-liners are wonderful. The novel is written in the form of a Regency comic farce with oddball situations and colorful characters that characterize this brand of comedy. I love Kit's mother! She sort of reminds me of Pride and Prejudice's Mrs. Bennett. And I love the humor centered on the valets, butlers, grooms and other servants. Theirs is the kind of quirkiness and nosiness that I imagine existed among the servants at their masters' homes. Brilliant! But what I love the most is Kit. It is so refreshing to read about a hero who is neither a misogynist, a rake or a tortured soul (though I do like the latter). He is just a sweet, intelligent, serious, honorable and handsome man who loves his family. Cressy, the heroine, is also wonderful, but less "spirited" than other Heyer heroines. As for the historical aspects and references, I have commented on the author's eye for historical detail and accuracy in the other reviews I've written of her work, but I am again impressed with her ability to create Regency England as I'm sure the aforementioned time period had been. She is by far the only Regency romance writer who is almost 100% faithful to the period in not only writing precise details and descriptions but also with the language. I get so tired of reading characters in historical novels that sound more like modern-day, twenty-something-year-old people smacking gum while uttering the latest slang words and phrases. Heyer was an early to mid twentieth century writer, which is probably why her novels sound classic (and they are in fact classics), but I feel that some of today's historical writers should get their clues from this wonderful author. False Colours is a gem and I cannot recommend this hilarious, romantic novel enough.

    download:
    Code: Select all
    http://fileflush.com/file/4942/false-colours-28re.zip.html